Pepper "Parmesan" Pasta (Vegan)
Pepper "Parmesan" Pasta
- 1 lb linguine, cooked per package directions (reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsps red pepper flakes
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegan "parmesan cheese"
1. saute onions, garlic and peppers in olive oil
2. add red pepper flakes
3. drain linguine and toss with onion, pepper mixture and reserved cooking liquid (to help thicken) and season with salt and pepper, to taste
4. serve hot with vegan "parmesan cheese"