- 1 lb box farfalle, cooked
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stemmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 head(10+ cloves garlic), sliced very thin
- 1-2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- juice from one lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- shiitake "bacon"
- toasted pine nuts
- salt and fresh-cracked black pepper to taste
1. cook pasta according to directions on box
2. in a skillet over medium heat, cook garlic, pepper flakes, and kale, in olive oil, until garlic starts to turn golden brown (do not burn)and kale is dark green and tender
3. when kale is tender, remove pan from heat and add lemon juice and zest to kale garlic mixture
4. drain pasta and place in large mixing bowl with kale mixture-mix well
5. sprinkle generously with toasted pine nuts and shiitake "bacon"