Stuffed Shells (Vegan)
Vegan Stuffed Shells
- 1 package jumbo shells, cooked a little less than done and cooled (check package ingredients to ensure there are no eggs)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 packages firm tofu, pressed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- large handful basil leaves (set a little aside for garnish)
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 2-3 tsp italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. place garlic cloves in running food processor and process until minced fine
2. add basil, spinach and tofu and process until ricotta like consistency
3. add nutritional yeast and seasonings and pulse until blended in evenly
4. stuff shells with ricotta mixture and place shells in marinara lined baking pan drizzle with more marinara and bake in 350 degree oven until marinara is bubbling.
5. garnish with basil and serve hot with vegan "parmesan"